Education & Training
“At blah blah blah electric we strive to provide the highest level of service to our customers.”
Everyone says that, right? As a customer, you hear it so much that it goes in one ear and out the other. It’s a great thing if you truly mean it. Most companies like to talk about their high level of service and quality, but when the rubber meets the road, they are just like everyone else. As a customer, you have learned to filter out phrases like the one above because you realize that it’s mostly just meaningless fluff. We realize at Trinity Electric that as a company we must constantly innovate and always try to find a new and better way to accomplish our goals otherwise we are just another voice in the crowd.
One such innovation we have is to constantly better ourselves as individuals so we can build up the strength and skill set of the team. Any quality electrician that you hire is going to have some level of education, be that a four or five year apprenticeship. We go above and beyond that. We have developed and are constantly refining several educational programs to build our team up on a personal and professional level. The following is a partial list of programs we offer to our employees in addition to the standard apprenticeship training they receive.
- Fridays with the coach. A fully equipped classroom and learning lab open every Friday for people to hone their technical skills while working closely with an experienced licensed electrician.
- Virtual learning management software or LMS. We have hundreds of online classes available covering interpersonal, management, and technical skills. All employees are encouraged and reimbursed for time spent on the classes.
- In house continuing education. We have an instructor led class once a month open to all employees who need their state mandated annual training.
- Mentor program. We match our future stars with our leaders of today to meet on a monthly basis in a non working environment to talk about everything related to growing as a person and as a leader, both professionally and personally, as our best leaders have a balanced approach to life.
- Leadership training. All of our leaders have been through an eight week boot camp where they learn interpersonal skills, how to motivate, and how to lead. Once this is complete, they meet on an ongoing monthly basis with a leadership coach to discuss current successes and challenges.
- Safety training. All of our employees are provided with OSHA 30 training, first aid, and CPR training. This topic is covered much more in depth on our safety (link) page.
We realize that we are just another number unless we can rise above. We feel there are two ways to differentiate yourself as a company, either be cheaper or better. Most companies like to say they are the “best”. We are truly striving to put our best foot forward and to provide our customers with the absolute highest quality product available. That product, of course, is the people we send to your jobsite or facility. Our team is the most important aspect of our business and we realize we are nothing without them.
Now, let me try this once more and tell me if it sounded better this time:
“At Trinity Electric we strive to provide the highest level of service to our customers.”